Saturday, October 29, 2011

Shy'm: French pop singer











Tamara Marthe, a pop singer in France who is known as Shy’m, was born on November 28, 1985. In America, she would be classified as another Lady Gaga or Beyoncé. The way that she dresses in her music videos is like Lady Gaga, but the way she looks and dances is similar to Beyoncé.

Shy’m started taking dance lessons at a young age. When she graduated, she began to send recordings of herself to recording studios. Rapper K’Maro discovered her potential, and she was on her way to fame. She was featured in his song Histoire de Luv, and from there, she began her journey to be a pop artist. How has your subject influenced French culture?

Shy'm is one of the many popular pop artists. Young teens and adults listen to her music and it had become part of the pop culture in France. She started out as a featured singer in K'Maro's song a slowly worked her way up to be one of the most well known singers in France. This shows all of her fans that you can start out as nothing, but if you work for something, it can be achieved.


What significance, if any, soes your subject have to the American culture?

Here in America, most people have not heard of Shy'm, but since she is similar to Lady Gaga and a couple of other artists she might start to become popular. If she were to do a world tour, she would have new fans all over the place.


What does your musician sing about?

Shy'm's songs are mostly about love, intermarriage, and success just as most songs are here. It seems to be an international theme to write about love and achievments.


What do other viewers say about the musician in the comments on youtube?

''Frankly she sings tro bien! It has its own style and not trying to copy the style of others! No back bay! However, pushpin, but how do you not like! (I'm talking about 60 people who do not like!) There are not capable of much! In addition she is super nice! What more!"


"She is beautiful Shym 'never change it and it still dazzle us <3"


"Je sais" -Shy'm



Translated lyrics-


I know
Lyrics to Je Sais :I know that I'm not always easy-going and,I know sometimes I give you a hard time,I know it's hard, hard to be you,But I know that it wasn't like that before
Chorus :
Hey Hey, what's the matter ?Go on, give a shout, but tell meWhy is it you want to kill me with your eyes (kill with your eyes)Are you perhaps losing your head ?!Shout with all your body,I know I drive you crazy,But you look kinda great like this, hey, hey...
Verse 2 :
I know sometimes you're sick and tired of it and,,I know sometimes maybe I could spare you,I know you love me, you love me like this,But I know sometimes I really get on your nerves (Oh baby)
Chorus :
Hey Hey, what's the matter ?Go on, give a shout, but tell meWhy is it you want to kill me with your eyesAre you perhaps losing your head ?!Shout with all your body,I know I drive you crazy,But you look kinda great like this, hey, hey...
Couplet 3 :
But tell me, youSo big, so strong,This man that no one affects,This heart of stone,Those steel arms which lift me with just one hand,What's the matter ?Well what's the matter baby?What's the matter with you ?Well what's the matter ?
Chorus (x2) :
Hey Hey, what's the matter ?Go on, give a shout, but tell meWhy is it you want to kill me with your eyesAre you perhaps losing your head ?!Shout with all your body,I know I drive you crazy,But you look kinda great like this, hey, hey...

1 comment:

  1. Sources:
    http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#
    http://lyricstranslate.com/en/je-sais-i-know.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shy'm
    Google images

    ReplyDelete